The Mills Central Appraisal District (MCAD) is accepting applications for the position of Appraiser.
Position is full time and includes salary, paid medical, retirement, paid holidays and paid time off. Starting salary is $28,000.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to office and field work associated with the appraisal of residential, rural, commercial, and agricultural properties, including sales analysis. Duties also include data collection, inspection, analysis, and application of appropriate valuation approaches and techniques. Appraisers assist with taxpayer inquiries, prepare data and represent the District in the informal and formal protest hearing process.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate
- Hold or willing to obtain RPA Appraiser License/Certification from TDLR. (Education provided through MCAD)
- Must have experience with the use of a personal computer and the Windows operating system.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to perform mathematical tasks associated with appraisals.
- Ability to work effectively with others and the general public.
- Ability to work independently.
- A valid Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Physical and Mental Abilities: Must have sufficient mobility to visit property sites that may feature rough terrain and to work outdoors in unfavorable weather conditions. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time with ability to reach, bend and move up/down on steps. Must be able to lift up to 50-pound file boxes. The position requires considerable concentration, creativity and ability to manage time effectively. It is subject to stress caused by a changing public environment, diversity in the organization, mandatory deadlines and heavy workload. Requires the ability to operate office equipment and communicate on the telephone and face to face. Requires the ability to ask questions that will bring forth the information needed to make sound decisions.
Application/Resumes should be submitted to:
Mills Central Appraisal District
PO Box 565
Goldthwaite, TX 76844
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications and/or resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
A background check will be performed.
Mills Central Appraisal District is an Equal Opportunity Employer